Monday, November 26, 2007

It's 11:30 am and Things are Going Well

We've been getting a lot of phone calls and emails from people wanting an update, so here you go.

It's been about twelve hours since they started the Magnesium Sulfate and the contractions have reduced substantially. She is still having a few though. Dr. Moore just came for a visit and was her optimistic self. She thinks we will be able to hold out longer. They have administered another round of steriod shots however just in case. This will help develop the babies lungs in case of delivery. Dr. Moore said that this is pretty much overkill (since we had a round of steriods a couple of weeks ago) but better safe than sorry. She reiterated what Dr. Webb told us last night night. She said that if Chrissy dilates past a 4 or 5, it's going to be baby time. We're excited but hope that it doesn't happen for a while yet.

9 comments :

Andria said...

Aww, what a turn of events! What a blessing to have Grandma come watch Alli too. I've heard awful things about the mag sulfate. How's Chrissy reacting to it? Is she getting any sleep, or is the stress keeping her from doing so? Sounds like it's doing its job though. And you're doing yours! Thanks for the update. I hope you can find some time to rest...both of you!

Unknown said...

I hope you two can find some time to rest!

Thinking of you guys!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear the update! Hope Chrissy is doing well and can hang in there a few days more.

Anonymous said...

Keep the updates coming when you have time. Glad to hear the meds are currently working!

Carrie Nelson

Monica said...

Hang in there! I could only imagine what you are going through. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous said...

Sorry I didn't call back. I just got settled into my room and am sure you all need your rest anyway. I hope all is going better. I'll try to touch base again before I come home. I will keep you, Crissy and babies in my prayers.

Casey's trio said...

I am keeping my fingers and toes crossed that those babies stay put a little longer. Chrissy, I hope the mag is not treating you too badly. I adjusted to it after the first 24 hours, but I know some people don't do very well with it. The fluid restrictions were very difficult. The nurses would let me save up my fluids for a couple of hours so that I could have a decent sized drink when I ate. Nothing like getting 3 sips of water when you are trying to choke down some food. You have done so well already and I hope the mag gives you some more time.

Anonymous said...

We're praying for you all! If there's anything you need, let me know. You guys are going to do great. Love you lots!!

Katie and the 2 Cory's

Anonymous said...

Getting close. Can't wait to welcome the 3 healthy babies into our family. I love you.

Mom