Monday, November 26, 2007

It's Midnight and Time for Mag (29 Weeks, 5 Days)


Hi Blogger friends! It's Jim with a late night post. I haven't had many opportunities to update the site myself for the past month or so. Chrissy's had a little more free time than me. :) I've been playing the single dad role since she's been in the hospital. We all have our roles to play though!

It's Sunday night (scratch that, Monday morning) at 1:55 am. Chrissy's 10:00 pm monitoring revealed that she was having some pretty good sized contractions at regular intervals. The Doc on call (Dr. Webb) came in and examined Chrissy and told her that she was dilated to a 3 or 4. He decided right then that it was time to move her down to Labor and Delivery and start the Magnesium Sulfate. Allison and I had just walked in the door from visiting Chrissy when she called and gave me the news. We called Gen (Chrissy's mom) to come over and stay with Alli so I could come stay at the hospital. Thanks Gen!

Dr. Webb came in to brief us once the Mag started flowing. He informed us that they were going to be very aggressive with the Magnesium Sulfate. He said that he expected the treatment to stop the contractions however if she progressed further and dilated to a 5 or 6, we were going to deliver. Yikes! Is it really time already!!!

Chrissy has now been on the medication for about two hours and it appears that the contractions have subsided. Oh, by the way, she was actually starting to feel them this time. That's something different from the ones she was having before. She just closed her eyes and dozed off. I hope she can get a little bit of sleep. God knows it's not easy with all of the tubes, wires, and monitors that she has hooked up to her. Not to mention the staff coming in and out every couple of minutes.

To be continued....

4 comments :

Anonymous said...

We are all praying for you guys!!! Just ask if there is anything you need! -Bill, Kelly, Jake, Jeremy, Liz, Billy, Lexie, Rissa and Henry

Anonymous said...

I am so glad the Mag seems to be working. I can't believe it's almost time for those babies to be born. Last night when you called, I wasn't going to call you back until this morning because I thought you just wanted to get your butt kicked at literati, but Bill said, what if she's having the babies? I thought no way, I just left STL, but after laying there for about 30 seconds, I decided I better call you back. I'm glad I did. I woke the kids and told them to start praying. It seems to be working. Thank you God! Each day will be an extra blessing. Wish I could be there to visit you. I love you guys, and miss you already. Give Alli a kiss for me. Love Jackie

Anonymous said...

Hello there,

Toni gave me the blog info, so I am checking it out.
Looks like it's getting really close.
I will be axious to see these precious little babies as soon as
we are allowed.
Chrissy, you look great!
Get all the rest you can now, you will need it later.
Pat

Anonymous said...

Are U awake?! U look funny like that. ~ But the mane question is " ARE U AWAKE?!!!!!!!!!