Friday, November 16, 2007

28 Weeks! We made our first goal!

Of course, I'm behind again....but we hit 28 weeks on Wednesday. It was a big accomplishment since they told us we needed to at least get there. Now I feel like everyday is a bonus! Our next goal is 30 weeks. I don't get to go home for Thanksgiving at all, so I'm expecting lots of family to visit.....or at least a good plate of food :) I'm going to miss sitting around and eating with everyone, but it could be worse. I'm just glad its not a huge holiday for me (although, I have lots to be thankful for, I can be thankful anywhere!). Got lots of flowers and cookies and email/phone call congrats on Wednesday. Thanks everyone for thinking of us and celebrating with us. We appreciate all of your thoughts and prayers!

I had my big ultrasound yesterday...it had been exactly 3 weeks. All of the babies are doing great, so we are just hanging out, trying to let them grow. Baby A is estimated at 2lbs 5oz (grew 12oz in 3 wks). Baby B is estimated at 2lbs 3oz (grew 9oz in 3 wks). Baby C is estimated at 2lbs 6oz (grew 10oz in 3 wks). So, Dr. Moore said everything is looking great. Its getting harder to get good ultrasound pics, I guess because they are getting so big, but they were able to get all 3 heads in one shot. From left to right, it is C, B, A. Its hard to see with the untrained eye ;), but each circular blob is a head.

On to regular life, Allison is feeling a lot better, so therefore, Jim is a lot better too. They are both getting more sleep and things are getting back to normal (as much as they could without me being at home). I love when they come visit me. Allison is getting used to the routine now and she isn't scared of me, so she is good up here, sits by me, etc. Thanks everyone for cooking for Jim and Alli (and me) and helping out with the house, watching Alli, etc. And thanks for all of the visits! Keep them coming--they make my days go by a lot faster!!! Otherwise, I've been cross-stitching ornaments and bibs, reading, watching movies, playing Literati on Yahoo games with my mom, Jackie, & Billy. Oh, and myspace and email. Last night we went to our 2nd multiples class. There was a pediatrician that spoke that has identical twin boys, so it was really informative. And we didn't have to be the center of attention this time. We get a tour of the NICU on Monday. I'm excited to get out my room for it, but a little nervous to see all the tiny babies that are intubated, ventilators, etc.

Here is Allison giving herself a breathing treatment....she is so good :)


4 comments :

Andria said...

Awww, I can't imagine what's going through Alli's head, missing her mama! Glad she's so good for you when she visits. Congrats on 28 weeks! Like you said, each day is a bonus. Sounds like you've got no time wasted with all the activities around you!

Anonymous said...

Chrissy, So glad you made it to 28 weeks. I've been enjoying reading your blog and looking at all of the pictures of your family. You look really good and appparently you must feel pretty good since I don't hear you complaining about anything. Will continue to keep you and your family in my prayers. Love, Aunt Joan

Casey's trio said...

Hooray for 28 weeks! Keep it up Chrissy...you are doing a great job.

The Ball Family said...

Chrissy,
We are so happy that you reached 28 weeks! Congrats! We are looking forward to meeting your gang and seeing your family grow!!!
Take care of yourself and those little ones. We'll be busy for a while, but our thoughts are with you!