Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Hanging in there....almost 27 weeks

Hi everyone--sorry I haven't been able to post. First I had laptop issues and got my sister a virus on her computer. Then the WI-FI has been down at the hospital for the past 4 days. I was dying of boredom without it.

Our goal is still to make it to 28 weeks right now. I came in right at 25 and I will be 27 tomorrow (Wed), so we are making it day by day. It sucks being here, but when I have visitors, I am okay. When I don't have any visitors, I get a little depressed. I miss Allison a lot...haven't seen her since Saturday morning...she is sick right now, so hopefully she gets better soon so she can come visit. I feel bad complaining to Jim because he has so much to do right now, especially with Alli being sick. But our families/friends have been helping him out, making him dinners, watching Allison, cutting our grass, helping with the house, etc.

I will be here until I deliver the babies. My cervix is completely gone (effaced?), so now we just have to keep my contractions under control so I don't dilate. My contractions seem to be fine during the daytime monitoring, but at night, the past 3 nights have been showing a lot of them. I have not felt any of them though, so I'm guessing they are not that bad? I get an ultrasound everyday, which is fun to see the babies. Still holding out on finding out the sexes of the babies. Jim and I really need to start coming up with some names :) Any suggestions? Feel free to send an email or post a comment. We are getting desperate, especially for girl names! And, as much as I want to go home, its way to early to have these babies, so I want to be here as long as possible. So, first I make it to 28 and then day by day from there. I wish the hours away everyday so that another day will pass. Then of course, Sunday, they add an extra hour to my day....that wasn't fair :) Although I'm sure most people were excited about the extra hour of sleep.

The only really important thing I've missed out on so far has been Halloween and the parties that go along with it. But I guess I was at Ann's Halloween party in spirit :)

Ken, Janet, Ann, Jim, & Jason

Toni
Natalie & Mike

Jim dressed Allison and took her to a few neighbors houses, then brought her up to see me. She was so cute. She wouldn't wear her Barney mask that went with the costume...Jim said she insisted on wearing her Cardinal hat. She is soooo independent!

Grandma Lucy & Allison (our neighbor)

Alli trick-or-treating in Mommy's hospital room
My Halloween costume....believe it or not, I spent about an hour painting this mask.....funny the things you will spend time on when you have nothing better to do than pass time. I also painted a pumpkin for Alli :)

Jim and his dad finished our bedroom last weekend. I can't wait to see it. We just need a few minor things now, like decorations and outlet covers. So, we have new paint, baseboard, chair rail, carpet, everything new in the master bath.
Coming soon....new carpet in living room and hallway and kitchen walls painted. After that, we might be done with the home improvements until income tax time.....then we will get ceramic tile in kitchen and redo main bathroom.

8 comments :

Anonymous said...

Yay! I love reading the blog. I know we talk everyday, but it was nice to see you in pictures. You still don't look very big though. I can't wait to see you over thanksgiving. I hope you are still there. (you know what I mean) Those babies have to wait a few more weeks at least. Courtney is going to be so glad. She's been checking to see if you updated everyday. I'll talk to you later today. Maybe we can play literati later. Love ya Chris, Jackie

Casey's trio said...

Chrissy! I'm so glad to see an update from you...and even happier that you are still incubating those babies! I know it is tough being in the hospital away from Jim and Allison, but I hope the time continues to go by quickly...especially with your
Wi-fi back in business!
I will be praying for your continued health and pregnancy:) BTW, Deciding on names was a tough one for us too. Maybe you can do some online searches to help make the time go by!

Unknown said...

Hey Chrissy..... glad that you're hanging in there, even if "there" isn't all that exciting of a place. I'd suggest a name but you already used my stand-by with Allison! :)

This is kind of a neat website to play with to help with names (and to pass time!): http://www.nymbler.com/

Take care!
Ali, Jay & Alex

Anonymous said...

I hope things continue to go okay and you and the babies stay safe and sound at the hospital. See you tonight! Carrie

Anonymous said...

Hi Chrissy, so glad to hear that you're still in the hosp. - means the babies are where they're supposed to be for right now. We continue to keep all of you in our thoughts and prayers. As for names, thought about it and here's what I came up with:
You have Allison (A), how about names starting with B, C and D. This way you have the alphabet going. Sorry if this sounds lame, but it's the best I could do right now. Love you and God bless. Cousins Renee and Rich

Andria said...

Aww, I hope Alli gets better so that she can come see you! I can imagine the lonliness you must feel and how just being there to hug your child would mean the world to you! It sounds like everyone is in good care though. You've got a great attitude toward your inevitable delivery and I hope you surpass the 28 week mark with flying colors. Take care!

Anonymous said...

Hey, glad you are hanging in...we don't know eachother...but I am a Nanny and came accross your blog and enjoy reading it....as far as names go, I have always loved the names Hayden for a girl and Blake for a boy....

Anonymous said...

Chrissy,

You are very much in my thoughts - Kathy Higgins said to tell you she's praying for you! (and wants to know if you'll be available for a telecon one day next week) You know just to help keep from getting too bored!!