Tuesday, October 07, 2008

It's Official!

Cassie is crawling! Jim said she was a few days ago, but I had to see it for myself before it becomes official blog-worthy news ;)


Also, I'm not sure if I mentioned on here or not, but Jimmy also has two teeth now, so they are all even on the teeth front!
We had a very busy weekend. My friends Sheila and Toni offered to babysit for Jim and I on Friday night. We were all dressed up with nowhere to go. Couldn't find anything that sounded too exciting and no movie we could agree on. So we went to Trailhead for happy hour. It was the first day of Pumpkin Spice beer, so that was yummy. We were gonna go to the Funny Bone, but were running late. So our cheap butts went to Ameristar and each gambled $10 on pennies. Oh, and if you ever need a babysitter, Toni and Sheila are better with cats ;) haha!

Saturday, Toni, Ann, and I did a 5-mile run (but we walked it). Well, we only ended up doing 3 miles, got lost in the Alton hood and almost got attacked by two Dobermens. That was fun! You can see all the other details that I would rather not blog about on Toni's. She couldn't resist ;) Then we had Cory's 1st b-day party. He is my great-nephew---doesn't that make me sound old??? We packed everyone up and went over to Katie and Cory's. That was fun and the babies were very well behaved. But, we paid for it that night--since they didn't have their naps, they did not sleep well. Funny how that works out..you think they would pass out from being tired. Here is Alli making brownies for the b-day party.


Sunday we went to Pawnee to visit with Jim's family and to go to our friend Sean's sons 2nd b-day party. We left Alli with Kelly to play with her cousins. She had a lot of fun, but she keeps telling me that Cody is mad at her. I heard they got in a little fight, but now she says they are friends again and Cody not mad at her anymore. I think the babies were sick of being out and about, because they started getting really cranky and probably sick of the car too. Two days of no naps really took a toll on them. Oh, and Kelly and Mike grilled too, so we had a good dinner. I can always count on getting fed when we're there ;)

Jim got a new bike on Friday (from our friend Dilla), so him and Alli went out riding (around the driveway and court, or as us rich people say, cul de sac ;) I think Alli is getting a new bike and helmet for her b-day :)

5 comments :

Dawn said...

Um, yeah, I'd say Alli has outgrown that bike and helmet. :) Since you are rich, it shouldn't be a problem to get her new ones! :)

Dawn

Anonymous said...

Kids , cats whats the dif? lol!
& yes get that poor girl a new bike!

Anonymous said...

love the movie to watch little Cassie crawling - the other two are sure to follow in her footsteps soon! missing everyone, hopefully this weekend will be full of babies for me!!

Anonymous said...

LOVE ALL THE PICS AND THE MOVIES!!!!!
Cassie looks so much like u aunt chrissy!!!!!!!

~ LOVE TO ALL!!!!!:)

Anonymous said...

They are all so cute. Cassie crawls great. She looks so proud of herself. Alli is a good bike rider and she makes good brownies too. I love all the pictures, they get cuter and cuter, (which seems impossible since they are already so cute). Love Jackie