Sunday, December 02, 2007

HOME SWEET HOME!

Sorry we have not been able to update the past few days. The WI-FI at the hospital was moving VERY slow, so I just thought I would wait until I got home to update.

So, it is GREAT to be home---its only been a few hours, but I'm getting back into the swing of things! Well, not really. But we did get to stop at Bread Co. on the way home, then I pretty much have been playing with Alli as much as I can and I've been falling asleep on the couch. I'm pretty tired. Its weird because I couldn't wait to get home and I knew I was leaving the three new babies at the hospital, but I kind of didn't care since I got to see Alli. But now I feel pretty bad that they are there and I'm here. It just seemed that I didn't have much of a connection with them because we can't hold them all of the time, etc and I already know Alli and missed her so much. But, now I really miss them too and get sad and teary when I think about them being there. But, they will be there for a little while and I'm sure we'll get used to it and then we'll just be counting the days until the whole family can be together. Kelly and Mike, thanks so much for taking care of Allison since we had the babies. It made it easy to know we didn't have to worry about who was watching her and Jim could spend a lot more time at the hospital. And I think she had a lot of fun at your house, even if she resorted back to her 'Alli' ways as soon as I got back into the picture ;)

Okay, so updates on the babies as of about 7pm tonight. We finally got to hold them all! I guess starting this past Friday, I held Jenna and Jim had Jimmy. Cassie was still on her central IV lines, so we couldn't hold her until Saturday. So on Saturday, I held Jimmy and Jim held Cassie. Then today after I was discharged, we switched it up and Jim held Jenna, I held Cassie. So, we each got to hold them once so far. They call it 'kangarooing' and they just let the babies lay on our chest, skin to skin, inside of our shirts. We usually get to hold them 30-45 mins. The nurses in there are very friendly with us and very informative, giving us updates all of the time. Today, Jenna and Jimmy both came off of the nose cannulas (the forced oxygen), so they are totally breathing on their own with no help at all. Cassie was taken off of the phototherapy lights for the biliruben tonight, so that is good. Jenna and Jimmy will probably be taken off tomorrow I think. So, their biliruben levels have decreased, their skin is looking better and they are all pooping (which helps rid their system of the biliruben). So, the more poop, the better....at least while the nurses have to change them ;) Jimmy is the only one on any medication, and that is a little bit of caffeine because he has a few heart rate drops, but they said nothing major. I think the only other thing to mention is their feedings (through feeding tubes), which they are tolerating very well and they get 3-3.5 cc's every 3 hrs (girls get 3, jimmy gets 3.5). 5cc's is equivalent to a teaspoon! crazy! Oh, and I guess that brings me to they started gaining weight again since they are being fed now. Silly me forgot all about all babies dropping a few ounces after they are born. But, yesterday, Cassie was back up to 2lbs 4oz, Jimmy back up to 2lbs 110z, and I didn't hear about Jenna. Okay, now if you stuck with me through my book, you can see some pictures now :) I'm off to sleep in my own comfortable bed! Its been 39 days!

Thanks everyone for all of the prayers for our family. We know its going to be a long journey until our babies get home, but with the help of God and our family and friends, we also know that everything is just going to be perfect.

Okay, so its not letting me post pictures now. I promise I will put some up first thing in the morning :)

7 comments :

Anonymous said...

Everything sounds great! Glad you finally got to come home. Chillax while you can lol! thats my new (old) word. It cracks me up! Post some pics already! j/j take care.

Anonymous said...

Hey you two, I mean six! ha, that sounds weird. Beth had been trying to keep me posted, but then she got busy with her little Angel. She sent me an email telling me when they arrived and that you had only named Jimmy so far. Glad to hear the other two have names, although it would have been easy to remember baby 2 and baby 3 ha! Anyway, I am very happy for you and saying prayers that your little angels grow and stay healthy and get to come home just as soon as they can. Take care, I'll check the blog often. Great photos. Brenda Pepper

Anonymous said...

Sooo glad you are home and able to spend some quality time with Alli! Missed talking to you yesterday, but knew you would be busy with the whole checking out process and would spend any spare moments down with the babies. I can't wait to come help you - maybe you would want us one day a week? what ever you want!! (remember, I love to do laundry;) Let me know when you are up to visitors and Marissa, Henry and I will come play with Allison! Thanks for the weight updates on the babies, we wnat those alot! See you soon,

Crystal said...

I am sure you are so glad to be home and little Alli must be so glad. Your family is all in my thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous said...

WELCOME HOME CHRISSY! JOB WELL DONE!

I love you.

Mom

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on getting home! Glad to hear that the babies are all doing well! Amy Barnes

Anonymous said...

welcome home!!!! i bet you are so happy to be back into your own bed and with Jimbo! i have to tell you- it was hard taking your place all those weeks! HAHA sorry i didnt get a chance to make it up after you had the babies but i was sick and then with my surgery i was pretty much confined to the house. hope to see you soon though.

luv ya
Sheila