Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Tuesday Night Update (12/4/07)

Jim had to work today so he can save some time up for when the babies come home. So, Alli and I just lazed around at home. I'm back into watching Elmo and Barney and Mickey Mouse most of the day. Its funny because I saw Sesame Street was on while I was in the hospital on bedrest, and I almost watched it because I missed her so much...then I realized how sick I am of Elmo and friends, so I changed the channel ;)

My niece Kelly watched Alli tonight so we could go up to the hospital. Thanks Kel! I held Jenna and Jim held Jimmy tonight. They are so sweet---all 3 of them. Cassie was wide awake and she has finally opened both of her eyes now. She was the only one that had her eyes fused shut when she was born, and up until now, she was only opening one. Oh, I got to change Jenna's diaper tonight! Seemed so weird doing it through the holes in the incubator, but wasn't as hard as I thought, and she really didn't seem breakable, like I think of her all of the time.

They are all being tested for their biliruben again tomorrow morning and they might have to go back under the lights, which isn't uncommon. Jenna and Jimmy are off the oxygen saturation monitor--it looked like a little boot or cast on their foot. They have all still been having a few heart rate drops, so they are all still on caffeine--they said nothing to worry about, only a few a day, which is normal for their gestational age. Jimmy and Cassie both have murmurs, so they are going to do an echocardiogram tomorrow morning. They told us this is also common, but within the first week of being born, they check for this and its called a PDA. Some opening in one of the arteries I think. It usually closes within a few days of being born, but if it doesn't close on its own, they will give some medication. If that doesn't work, then it will be a surgery, but that only happens in about 10% of preemies their age, so we are not getting too worried. We'll see what the dr's say tomorrow. And lastly, they will all get head ultrasounds tomorrow morning. This is to look for any bleeding in the brain that can cause or may have caused any long-term damage. Sorry I'm not being very technical with everything, but I don't want to bore everyone totally :) Oh, and there is a new set of triplets that came in last night, so ours are all back together now. And, they are running out of room in NICU North, and since our babies are pretty stable, they might move them to NICU South. Usually that is a step up (closer to going home), but they will still have all of the same care. But since it is for space reasons that they might be moved, I'm not really sure I would call it a step up right now. Picture time!

Me changing Jenna's diaper for the first time

Jenna relaxing with her clean diaper


Jimmy was wide awake tonight---we love this picture! Isn't he so handsome?
Cassie being her sweet self :) And we have pictures of Alli in all of their beds now.
And here is our big girl! Not only did she put on my shoes, but also managed to get my socks on! She is so funny! And she won't wear clothes at all at home!

11 comments :

Anonymous said...

Jimmy IS handsome! That's a great picture of him. And Alli's such a goofball - you know it runs in the family wanting to be in your undies all day long! Pssh, Jackie's STILL going through it. :)

~Katie D.

Crystal said...

They are all adorable! Jimmy looks very handsome! So glad things are going well!

Do you have a nursery at home for the babies? I never could find pictures in your blog.

Anonymous said...

Angels, all three!!! Love the close-ups, can almost see their personalities starting (maybe that is your descriptions). They, and your whole family, remain in our prayers - they are doing wonderfully!!! Is it my imagination or do they look bigger? Talk to you soon,

Jackie said...

They are all so beautiful, and Jimmy is so handsome. Such a man look. I love his eyes. As for what Katie says, at least Alli has a diaper on......Annie (i'm just sayin)

Jackie said...

Oh, I forgot to mention how skinny Alli's legs are getting. You can tell she's getting taller and thinning out. Where did all the rolls go? I miss her so much, and can't wait to see her on Christmas. I picked her up something at the store for being the big sister, so she'll get that on Christmas too. Love

Anonymous said...

i love the updates. since im so bored at my new job i look forward to getting on the blog and reading and looking at the new pics. i cant wait to meet them- they are all so adorable. hope to see you soon.

Sheila

Andria said...

Aww, love the pics. Especially wide-eyed Jimmy! It's amazing how they "connect" and steal your hearts even at their tiniest! They sound like they are doing great...and you are too!

Anonymous said...

Minnie CHRISSY!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

The picture of Jimmy is nearly identical to one we have of Peyton when she was a week old, all bright eyed and sort of waiving. It will be so awesome if you get to move to NICU south right away, the rooms are much less crowded and it's a calmer atmosphere. I hope the triplets get one of the rooms with only the 6-8 babies capacity. In NICU South do they have the parents/grandparents (RSV) rule like north? I recall when my babies were in south, 2 yr+ siblings were allowed in for visits but they may have changed the rules since then. Keep fattening up the babies!

Casey's trio said...

Sounds like everyone is doing so well--Hooray! I'm sure Alli is soaking you all up and is so happy yor are home again.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jimmy and Chrissy! Your babies are so beautiful! Congrats! I am so happy for you! Its hard to believe how tiny they really are. I remember trying to change Megan's diaper through the holes. Great job mom! I will keep checking in on you guys and call you soon! Love Nikki