Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Summer Flew By........

Wow! Summer is pretty much over, and haven't posted hardly at all. My big girl started kindergarten this year!!! She's in her 2nd week and she LOVES it. I teared up a tiny bit walking her up to the front of school (both Jim and myself and the triplets walked her up there), but she was just so excited that I couldn't help but just be excited for her. It's crazy how much I miss her being at home, even on the days I work. I guess b/c its just the fact that I can't call home to talk to her if I wanted. I already feel like she is getting so much smarter and learning so much, making friends.

When I picked her up that first day, I asked her how her day went. She answered, "Well, let me first tell you about the bad stuff." OH no!! I was nervous. She said that her water bottle came open and spilled a little bit at lunch. Then a girl with cheese crackers kept touching her on her shoulder. She is so good and cautious about her milk allergy. Anyway, besides that, she had a great day. Last Wed, she had soccer practice, but after about 15 mins, she could barely breathe. Went to the dr the next day and he gave her an inhaler and put her on preventative asthma type medicine. So, she has to go the nurses office everyday after recess to use her inhaler. She's such a good sport about that stuff though. We were a little (or a lot) nervous about her going to school with all the milk around in the cafeteria, etc But I just make sure I pack her a lunch everyday. I'm proud of my girl.

Oh, I almost forgot! She was a little upset the whole first week that she didn't get any homework. I kept telling her she'll get it soon enough and she'll have it the rest of her life. I did ask the teacher tonight and she said they will start getting it soon. I'm sure Alli will be happy for a little while...until she gets sick of it! I give it a month, tops.


Sitting at her table
This isn't a great picture of me at all, but Alli looks cute :)Alli and her teacher

On her second day of school, Mindy came over to babysit the other kids and her kids were with her b/c they didn't go back to school yet. Alli wanted to stay home and play. She asked Jim, "Can I just stay home today and that will be one of my two days off?" Sorry, kiddo..doesn't work that way..only get off on Sat and Sun and you can't choose your days off! :)

Yesterday, her favorite part of school was she got to see a dead mouse. I thought maybe she had science class, but no, there was actually a dead mouse on the floor under the table. ICK!! Apparently the school is having a little bit of a mouse problem.

Tonight was Parent Info night. I liked it b/c the teacher explained what they do during the day, what the goals are for the year. Hopefully I can volunteer a little bit in the classroom, and heck, who knows, I might even join the PTA :) Alli is already selling TJ's Pizzas. So, let me know if you are interested!!!

So, getting ready to get busy (what's new???) Alli with school 5 days a week, soccer practice, soccer games, Alli dance, Jenna/Cassie dance, and the triplets start preschool in 6 more days! Crazy!!!

No comments :