Tuesday, August 23, 2011

MY Favorite Summer Activity!!!!

I have always loved to go to the pool in the summer....that is what I grew up doing everyday and I haven't grown out of it! I hate that I can't go to the pool as much as I want to, either b/c I have to work, I can't handle the kids by myself, it rains, or I have other stuff that has to get done. I guess its part of growing up, but I still whine about it all the time. I have a subdivision pool, but its too hard to handle my kids - I need a zero-entry pool, so I usually have to pay to go to a public pool.

So, I tried to take the kids swimming as much as I can. Jim doesn't like to go to the pool. I wish he did. It would be more fun and easier. But, the kids love to go too, so I pack them all up and go. Ann and I went together a lot this summer. We went to a few different pools and the kids liked the variety. Seems like I do get to go a little more each year since the kids were born, so hopefully next year we can spend even more time there :)

Alli did swim lessons this year, but she actually pretty much taught herself to swim the day before lessons started. We just practiced at the pool. She is doing really good. Still doesn't have the strokes totally down and we only let her swim where she can touch, but she hates to wear water wings. Hopefully she will be a great swimmer next summer.

The triplets did pretty good this summer too. They all wear water wings. Jenna is really good at using them as they are intended - moving her arms and kicking her feet. She's a little dare devil. Jimmy got a lot braver as the summer went on. Cautious Cassie liked the water, but is very nervous/cautious and you have to be holding her if she can't touch. Doesn't like to be splashed at all! Hopefully they all get a little braver next year too.

Pics are from July 24th @ White Birch Bay

Love the wave pool!
Silly kids
Ann loves the wave pool too :)
Not sure why my kids always think they have to POSE for pictures
Its just a tiny bit easier when Dan and Chris take a nap

No comments :