Thursday, February 12, 2009

Apology

Just wanted to apologize to everyone for not updating the blog this past week. The kids have been sick and we just have been too busy to take pictures. Jimmy and Cassie had double ear infections, so amoxycillin 2x/day, Jimmy has a rash on his belly (ointment 3x/day), breathing treatments for all of them every 4 hrs and then Tylenol about every 4 hrs. Makes for a busy day and a huge chart on the refrigerator to keep track of it all. Oh, and then Jim got the flu last Friday night/Saturday. I didn't want him near us and he was too sick, so I was on my own.....NOT A FUN DAY. I cried a lot and drank some beer when the night was finally over. But.......they are now on the mend. Breathing treatments are down to about once a day. Hopefully the germs are gone the rest of the winter...we've had enough!

Poor sick Cassie
Oh, and I oversaw Jim on Facebook saying that I would probably post his lion picture that Alli took (she likes to play lion), so thought I would follow through for him :)
Jenna the sock head! They all like to play in the sock basket. Everyone has one, right? Not that we ever fold our laundry, but we NEVER have time to fold socks :)
Tomorrow night I'm looking forward to a happy hour with a lot of my grade school friends. Some of them I haven't seen in 20 years! Hopefully I'll have some pictures to post. Saturday is Valentine's Day. Hopefully we can go out to dinner or something. Sunday is Mexican bingo...I'm hoping to be able to go :)

12 comments :

Anonymous said...

Yayyyyyy! I just left a comment on facebook that you should update, and lo and behold, you did it. I really enjoyed the videos. They are all getting so big. Alli is such a great big sister. Poor Cassie looks so sick in that first picture. Her little watery blue eyes. I hope they are all better. I can't wait to see everyone next weekend. Love ya, Jackie

The Goewert Family said...

Sorry, I don't have a sock basket. But the kids socks are just tossed in the drawer and I find matches when I need one. So its about the same thing. Right?

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see that our jumping horse is getting some use. Great videos. We can't wait for everyone to be healthy so we can see them. Nick wants to wish you all a Happy Valentine's Day.

Kitty said...

Beer after a long day is good. Happy to know I'm not the only triplet mom who does that!

Andria said...

Hey, no apology needed there girl! And yes, we have not one, but TWO sock baskets! I don't know why or how they tend to multiply in there! (...or why they are never in their drawer?!)

Hope everyone is back to health soon!

Anonymous said...

haah I was waiting for that pic of Jim I was IM-ing him when he said that!. The pic doenst dissapoint lol! Jenna looks like shes getting really tall! Hope everyone gets better soon so I can come over!
Happy Valentines day!

Mom's monkeys said...

Oh yes I also have a basket of socks. I also have baskets of folded clothes laying around all over. I have no time to put it all away. Maybe someday.

Anonymous said...

Poor Cassie. Jenna's just like me a lil. Jeremy would dump socks on my head and play hide and seek.Jimmy is so cute standing and now blowing kisses. Jenna's going to be a lil cowgirl. So you ready to move out to the country and buy some horses and or ponies?HAHA! Love 2 all!!!!!!!!!

Dawn said...

OK, I made fun of Nathan's family for having a sock basket. I told them I've never heard of it and they are the only ones to do that. Now I find out that others have them too. Nathan said he hated the sock baskets as a kid. I think 2 of his sisters continue the tradition into adulthood but the rest put their socks in their drawer like we are supposed to! haha!

Dawn

Jim & Chrissy said...

Dawn, your family was smaller...you guys probably didn't have as many socks to match up :)

Anonymous said...

wow!Love the choo choo video.CB

Journalismkidd said...

hahah cute video, keep up the work and check out my blog... it may make u laugh: www.journalismkidd.blogspot.com