Friday, June 13, 2008

Helmet Heads!

Thanks to everyone who tuned in to Nashville Star this past Monday and voted for Pearl Heart! Didn't they do great!?!!?!?!?!?! I thought they were wonderful and the judges seemed pretty impressed also. My nieces are so dang cute (of course, they all are)! I'm so proud of Amy, Angela and Courtney. It was really neat to see them on national tv. Make sure you tune in on Monday again to cheer them on and vote, vote, vote! You can vote for 2 straight hours...come on, I know you have nothing better to do---you are reading my blog ;)


Sorry I haven't made many updates lately. Been kind of busy. My wonderful, wonderful, husband let me go on the annual Tunica trip (6/8-6/9), even though he couldn't go. Someone had to stay home and watch all of our kiddos! I had a lot of fun, but wish Jim could have been there too. I missed all of them, but it was a nice break getting away from the baby work and house work. I didn't win any money, but I don't gamble much, so didn't lose much either. Mostly just ate and drank. I'm so buffeted out! Alli got to go to Tina's house and play with all of the kids (her friends) one day. I'm sure she had a blast doing that. I know she misses going over there since the babies have been born. Anyway, Ann helped Jim while I was gone....at first her dr. said she probably shouldn't go, but then he told her she probably could have. Oh well, maybe next year, Ann :) Tim and I had fun :) She also had some helpers...cousin Jenny!!! Anytime you want to come over Jenny, just let me know ;)
Last Friday (6/6), I threw a baby shower for my sister Ann. It turned out nice and she got lots of presents. Geez Ann, are we done with showers for you yet? haha! Just kidding. She was surprised until she saw all of our friends cars on my street and in my driveway.

I've been trying to take Alli to the pool when we have time and its sunny. That combination doesn't seem to happen too much though. Or not as often as I would like! Seems like it never quits raining. Ann and I took all 4 kids last week. Alli got in, but the water was still a little cold for me and the babies. Hopefully its nice tomorrow.

Random pics.......

Cassie is always flipping over in her bed, in her car seat, where ever....our little contortionist
Cassie, Jenna, and Marissa

Jenna and Jimmy, chillin' out together
My precious porcelain doll
Jimmy partying it up with Natalie last night
Today (6/13) we took the kids to get their heads checked to see if they need helmets. First we saw a nurse practitioner, then we saw physical therapist, and then the helmet Dr. Jenna and Cassie ranked severe with their asymmetrical numbers being 1.4 and 1.2. Jimmy ranked 1.0, which is moderate, so we are going to get him reevaluated in a month. The physical therapist gave us some exercises/stretches to do with them for their neck stiffness, so hopefully they work. Jenna and Cassie got their heads casted for the mold so they can get the helmets made. It went a lot quicker than I expected it to. We go back next Friday to pick them up. Jenna gets butterflies on hers and Cassie gets bunnies. Now I hope insurance covers it....she said UHC covers about 1 in 10 cases, so we probably shouldn't count on it. They cost $1500 each, which is expensive, but we don't want their heads to be all messed up, so we'll find a way to pay it. Just hoping we can correct Jimmy's on his own to save us a little money :)

They will have to wear them 20-22 hrs a day and usually for 3-6 mos. Really only supposed to take them off for baths and to wash them. And if it gets to hot, such as in a car or something. 75% of them are corrected when they attempt to correct 4-6 mos of age. They go by adjusted age, so they are right over 4 mos now.

Jenna was first - she looked so funny!
Then Cassers
In the videos, Jenna is on top, & Cassie's on bottom.

6 comments :

Anonymous said...

Poor babies. But I thought it was going to be worse than that. They'll do fine. Love Grandma

Anonymous said...

They seem to be enjoying the head wrap! Sucks they have to be helmet heads for a while. :( the pic of jimmy & jenna is so cute!

Anonymous said...

Wow, are they all 4 beautiful! The trips are getting so chubby. The girls look like they are catching up to Jimmy. That one of Jimmy, looks like one of those signs that have someone's face on a stick. They are all such dolls. Can't wait to see them in a few weeks. Love Jackie

Anonymous said...

Time will seem to crawel every day you put those things on them, then one day - poof - over! and their heads will match what we all know, that they are perfect!!!

The Ball Family said...

They did so well having their heads wrapped! Poor things, but glad they'll be able to get rounded out! I'll keep them in my prayers so it's quick and painless for them!
The kids are all so cute!

Anonymous said...

awwwwwwww. poor poor poor babies. wat are helmets I read the whole thing for the first time ever and still cant figure out wat there for and why Jenna and Cassie have to have them. poor poor poor babies!:(