Sunday, June 22, 2008

Busy, busy!

We took the triplets to their very first Cardinal game on Wed (6/18) and Alli's first game of the year. Jim was dreading it, but I wanted to try it out. We have 5 other family members in our group that promised to help hold all of the babies, plus all of our bleacher friends that we've come to know the past few seasons. The hardest part is getting out of the house. I (and Jim too) thought that it went really well. The babies were good and only cried when it was really, really loud, and that was because they were getting scared. And of course, my Alli was her angel self :) Thanks everyone for helping out. Now when Ann and Tim have their twins, we'll be back with all of them :)

Jim, Chrissy, & Jenna


Carmen & Jimmy
Jane & Cassie
Alli
Alli & Daddy
Thursday (6/19) we had to take the babies for an eye appt. at Children's Hospital. Our pediatrician thought that two of them (we think the girls?) had a wandering eye. Well, all 3 of them have what they call pseudostrabismus and its really just a big word for saying, they look cross-eyed, but they are not. In infants the bridge of their nose is wide and they have small folds of skin on the nasal side of the eye that covers the 'white' of the eye. They usually grow out of it as they get older. Jimmy has astigmatism, but he said that is common and will probably grow out of it. We have a follow up appt in 9 mos.

Friday we took the girls to pick up their helmets. They look so cute! And they don't seem to mind them at all. They have to wear them 20-22 hrs a day and for 3-6 mos. They sweat a lot and we have to wash the helmets and their hair everyday. Jim went to Fairmont with his friends and Toni came over to hang out.
Jenna & Cassie wearing their helmets
Saturday morning, Toni and I did the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure. I've been doing it for the past 4 years now. Its so neat to see all of the people coming together for a good cause I love seeing all of the survivors in pink. Hopefully someday soon their will be a cure for breast cancer.
Later that day, I went to my 3rd baby shower for Ann...geesh! haha! This was thrown by Tim's family. It was fun and she got lots of good stuff. I think she is just about ready for the babies now. For more on her, you can visit www.timandannmeadows.blogspot.com.
Here are some cute pics of my kids
Jimmy laughing
Steph holding Cassie
Jenna sleeping on the rocker - she looked so sweet
Jenna sleeping in the exersaucer
Thought I would post a few party pics from my Tunica trip. I stole all of these from Toni since I forgot to take pictures. It was so much fun. Can't wait until next year!
Gina, Toni, Chrissy
Toni & Tim
Jane and Ken on the bus
Andy & Chrissy
Toni & Andy on the bus
Chrissy and Mom
Brian and Toni doing the face that EVERY teenager thinks is cool nowadays!
Janie and Dave...drinking maybe???
Proud Aunt Chrissy voting for Pearl Heart on all 3 cells
The big winner of the trip--from her free $10!!!! Yeah Toni---wedding fund!!!
So, if you are still with me at the end of this LONG post, this is your reminder to watch Nashville Star Monday night at 8pm and VOTE, VOTE, VOTE all night long for Pearl Heart!!!! Or do what you can, every vote counts :) Thanks!!!!
St. Louis celebrities!!
Pearl Heart's little brother Billy and their cousin Steph

11 comments :

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

What's up with the posts being removed? Are these people we know? Love Mom

Anonymous said...

Ok now for my real comment. Good update. Love all the pictures. They looked like real Cardinal fans.The ballgame looked like a lot of fun. I'm glad I wasn't there. Ha Ha.

Love Mom

Anonymous said...

I love all the new pictures, I want some of them to bring to the girls (whenever I get to see them). I had a great time in STL this weekend. It was fun helping with the babies and Alli on Friday.

Luv,
Jackie

Amanda said...

i cannot belive i missed the babies at the game? i will be there for both games next week, bring the babies again!!! hope all is well, looks like you had fun!
amanda

Anonymous said...

Love all the pics from this post and for the last. I don't know how I missed the bunny ears! Count me in for the race next year since I was in San Diego this year.

Dawn

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of Jimmy and I at the game. I can't believe how big they all are. I am glad your visit with the eye doctor went well. I hope to see all the kids at a game this year.

Anonymous said...

wow you did a MEGA post! Yes, all looks like VERY good times! wait I was there for most of that it WAS good times!

Anonymous said...

hey lots of pics! their helmets are so cute i would want 1 like that if i needed one. LOL!!!!! and wats up with the deleted coments? see u tomorrow maybe! :)

Anonymous said...

I came upon your blog when reading a friend's blog on same website. I was looking for a blog from a mom of multiples...I am a mother of twins (5 1/2 months) who are also HUGE Cardinals fans! It has been one of those days when reading about someone else's life with multiples seemed like a good idea. I'm sure you can relate! Anyway, I just wanted to say I love the pics with your kids in their Cards gear!
Kelly (kelly_bini@sbcglobal.net)