Tuesday, June 01, 2010

A few updates -I wrote this about a week or two ago and just never posted it. Its a little out of date, but thought I would post anyway since I typed it up :)

Cassie started peeing on the potty about a 6 weeks ago. Both her and Jenna are doing good, but still not out of diapers/pull ups. I know I need to just let them run around naked or something to get them fully trained, but it seems like we never have time. Jimmy still has no clue, but likes to try b/c his sisters are, but its more annoying than anything. He sits on the potty, doesn't pee. Stands up, pees on the floor. I sit him back down on the potty, he doesn't go. Stands back up, "I pee". Once again, all over the floor. So I send him out of the bathroom b/c its already crowded with me and the other girls. So he runs out and pees on the carpet. I wish he would just realize he isn't ready and keep the diaper on :) UPDATE: Jimmy did pee on the potty a week ago Sunday....but that was the only time so far and he did get right up, go in the hallway and pee some more on the carpet :) Yay, Jimmy!

I love listening to the kids say new words. It's just funny what they pick up. About two weeks ago, I brought home dinner and Jenna was so excited to be eating 'Tico Bell'. She sounded so sweet saying it.

Seems like they are starting to play together a little better. And I love watching Alli play with them b/c they love to copy and imitate her, whether with singing/dancing, or just reading, or playing with the toys. We've been going to the park on my off days. Trying new playgrounds each time. They have so much fun when we go and I'm really surprised at how good they are at climbing. They scare me to death on the playground, but seems like they are okay. We have had so much rain though lately...I think they 16 of the last 20 days. Makes it hard to find fun stuff to do to keep busy. Another update: Its been sunny lately (I wrote that about two weeks ago) and we have been hanging out outside again!

Alli had her last day of 3 year old preschool two weeks ago. We went to her teacher's retirement celebration. Next week is her dance recital. She is going to look so cute :) We are taking a break from dance in the summer. She tells me she wants to play soccer and tennis. Soccer is in the fall, so I might try to sign her up for tennis lessons in July through Hazelwood. She also starts swim lessons the first week in June (if White Birch reopens soon--pipe break). I really hope she does good so I don't have to be with her in the water all of the time...too cold at the beginning of summer. She is finished with speech until next school year...hopefully she won't be in it very long next year.

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

Don't you just love potty training. Mom