Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Busy, busy, busy!

Jenna has been having breathing issues for the past few weeks. She seemed like she was gasping for air and making weird noises(stridor-high-pitched noises made b/c the upper airway is blocked). At first we noticed it when she was eating, but then we would hear it when she was just laying there. Jim, being the good dad that he is, took her to the pediatricitian, he sent us to the ENT Dr. the next day (Thurs) and they scheduled surgery for today. We took her in at 6am, she was taken into surgery at 7:30am and back in recovery by 8:30am. She had a bronchoscopy, laryngoscopy, and aryepiglottoplasty. You can google if you want to really know everything that went on. But, basically, they just put her under general anesthecia (that is the part that made me so nervous), and went down her throat and snipped some of the extra soft tissue that was obstructing her airways and causing her to not breathe as well as she should. Fairly common procedure.

Jenna before her procedure in her tiny hospital gown
Anyway, she is doing great! I stayed with her most of the day at the hospital while Jim went home to take care of the other kids. Thanks Mom and Lynn for watching them all day yesterday and today! Jim went back up to the hospital to stay over night. She had to be kept for observation, mainly because she was a preemie. It was so relaxing there today---Jenna slept most of the time and I just sat there, watching her, watching tv, playing on the computer. Like a mini-vacation ;) My friend Carrie says I must use the term vacation very loosely if I consider the hospital a vacation! haha! It did bring back memories how I sat there for 5 1/2 weeks just staring at those walls in my room. Ick! Of course, it was all worth it though! Thanks everyone for thoughts and prayers!

Jenna after her surgery, content with milk running out of her mouth :)

We were pretty busy this weekend. Saturday, we celebrated Jim's 33rd birthday. A group of us went to Kobe Steakhouse for dinner, then out for a few drinks. Ann babysat, then Jim's mom and sister came over and spent the night. That was nice because they let us sleep all night and took care of the babies for us :) Sunday, I ran some errands and we hung out with Jim's family, made dinner. Monday was Jim's actual birthday and the unofficial holiday in St. Louis - Cardinals Opening Day! Me, Jim, Jane, Ken and 6 of their kids, Jason, Kristen, Ann, Tim, Liz & kids all hung out downtown for the Cardinal festivities, then made our way to the stadium for the game. We were having so much fun until all of the rain came and they called the game. But, I did get Pujols for the homerun game and made myself $9 with his homerun---I am arsesome(Ken!) Yeah! Too bad we didn't get 5 innings in because they rescheduled the game for tonight and Jim and I couldn't go and had to give our tickets away. And we lost :(

Chrissy & Jim (Opening Day)
Jason & Kristen
Ann, Kristen, & Me
Ken---is that really diet coke in that bottle? Arsesome!
Katie and baby Cory's 1st Opening Day and 1st Cardinal game
Jackie, Jenny, Janie, Katie & Cory, and Kelly
Birthday Boy! 33 Years Old!
Happy Birthday to my nephew Jeremy 4/1, Devan 3/30, and Jim 3/31

We are going to the dr. on Thursday for their 4 mos checkup. I think they said no RSV shot for April (most likely), so hopefully that means we can bring the babies out for everyone to meet. Next up...I need to plan their Baptism.

I will post pictures tomorrow, so check back :)
Chrissy

7 comments :

Anonymous said...

I bet that did seem like a vacation. Those babies are a LOTS of work. Nana(Lynn) & I worked our butts off. Jimmy is such a good baby. (AS LONG AS YOUR FEEDING HIM OR HOLDING HIM) They are so cute. They smile a lot and goo. Alli talks so good. Cassie sneezed and she said, "Bless you baby". Jim's mom & I thought that was so cute. Glad Jenna's ok.

Love Mom

Anonymous said...

So glad my baby Jenna is okay. I can't wait to come in again to see all of my babies. Love you guys. Jackie

Anonymous said...

I am pleased you guys get some help with those babies, I am sure it is a much-needed sanity break! Let us know when the Dr okays family visits cuz the cousins are chomping at their bits!! Answered prayers that Jenna is doing great!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Kelly, Billy is pretty excited to go in next time so he can see the babies and hold them. I love the pictures. Luv Jackie

Dawn said...

Glad to hear that Jenna's surgery went well.

Anonymous said...

Goodness, you've had a lot more going on in the Clauser household. I took Hayden to the ENT...did you see Dr Reichert too? Anyway, he didn't offer to do the surgery for his stridor and I was totally bummed, he has too much other issues for that I guess. I ws just thinking yesterday when your big debut would be. SO excited for you that you get out, you'll have to bring the family to the next mommes event so that we can get a lot of baby fixes.


www.caringbridge.org/visit/haydenbarnes

Nana said...

Our prayers were answered-Jenna came through the surgery like a pro. Gen is right, we did work our butts off taking care of the other three. It was so much fun though. I can't wait to come down and spend another week.