Sunday, September 14, 2008

Dawn's (and Nathan's) Big Day!

This weekend was busy, busy! Friday night, I had the rehearsal dinner. We didn't want to get a sitter (although the kids were welcome, it wouldn't have been fun with them :)) So, Jim stayed home with the kids and I went to the rehearsal at the church, then to the dinner afterwards. The food was good and it was relaxing being out by myself :) Although, I talked to Jim a few times during the night and it wasn't so great for him.

Mr. and Mrs. Nathan Meyer

Saturday, I had to leave at 7am to get my hair done, so I was gone all day! The wedding was at noon. Everything turned out great--Dawn looked beautiful (and Nathan looked very handsome too!). I kept thinking when they were up at the alter how cute their kids are going to be--hopefully we'll find out soon!!!!! Yes, I'm one of them people that as soon as the wedding is over, the next focus is kids ;) We took a TON of pictures in different locations after the ceremony, so hopefully they turned out good for them and they have a lot to choose from. It felt like forever for the pictures, but I think it was probably because my feet were killing me from my too cute heels. The reception was a great time! Good food, good music, good friends (and family)! Thanks Mom for watching the kids during the ceremony and Kelly and Jenny for watching them that night. Oh, and my dress was very, very tight, but I think it looked okay and at least I got it on :)

Dawn's parents walking her down
The Vows
The happy couple!
Dawn and I
Ann and Tim
Gina and Brian
Janet, Kristen, and me
This was supposed to be a picture of Jim and I (those crazy girls! Amy & Amy)

Here we go! Me and Jim
Dancing on their own dance floor (Stacy, Sheila, Toni, Tracie, Jamie, Tim)

It's Electric ;)
Amy, Becky, Toni, Amy

The girls (Gina, Kristen, Ann, Janet, Me, Beth, Dawn, Sheila, Amy, Becky, Toni, Tracie, Amy, Stacy)
It's not a fall wedding without apple bobbing!
Dawn, Me, Jim, Nathan at the end of the night! Congratulations Dawn and Nathan! Have a great time on your honeymoon!

And if you are wondering what happened to all of the leftover cupcakes......Toni and Kristen!

So, today we didn't do anything. We had take-out from Chevy's (I thought about you Jack;)...that was yummy. Then I went to church at 5. Jim took Alli to see Wall-E, but he just called and said they left before it was over. It was a little too old for her, so she was getting restless. Here is his sob story for the night. Alli wanted popcorn at the theater, but she can't b/c it has butter on it (made with milk, and she is allergic). Then they went to Wal-Mart and she mentioned popcorn again. He then asked her, "Alli, when did you have popcorn?" and she said, "I never tried it." Poor kid has never tried popcorn. So, Jim bought an air popper there so she can start eating some popcorn. We are just used to eating microwave kind in this generation. Here are some pictures of Alli experiencing her popcorn for the first time---she loves it!
The babies have been soooo cranky lately. I'm guessing its b/c they are teething b/c they aren't tired, hungry, and don't need to be changed. Sure hope this doesn't last long!!!

This picture of Jimmy a few days ago...he was in the living room being so good for almost 45 mins with his sisters and when I came in to look at him closer, he had this bag on both arms like a backpack. It's hard to tell in the picture, but me and Ann thought it was pretty funny.

9 comments :

The Meadows said...

Great post; I had a few tears when I was reading about Alli not having popcorn. Poor kid. I am glad she was able to have some at home. You will just have to bring your own into the movies for now on. I love the picture of Jimmy, he is a smart kid.

Anonymous said...

Popcorn is one of the four basic food groups isn't it. I am glad Alli finally got to have some! I know I love it!

Anonymous said...

Um yeah, I got those cupcakes for devan & will b/c im SO NICE! I did keep 2 for myself though lol! I guess ill start my post, ill just put up all funny pics since i know you and dawn will have all the "nice" ones. Yeah for POPCORN! too bad it tastes like shit w/o butter!

Dawn said...

Thanks for being a part of our big day!

Andria said...

HOT MAMA you are! Wow, what a day! Congrats to the newlyweds, and for your survival!

Anonymous said...

those pics are funny and i cant belive alli never had popcorn before!!

Anonymous said...

cool u changed the back ground!

Anonymous said...

Looks like someone had a little time on their hands! and you didnt spend it cleaning the house haah!

Anonymous said...

great pix, looks like you guys had alot of fun! glad to keep up with the kids. Tell Alli she can trade sob stories with Alexis - maybe they will even have the same counselor when they are older!! lol