Thursday, February 21, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!

Well, I'm 31 today. Can't believe that I'm that old already. I still feel pretty young, but then I think, "Wow! I have 4 kids---I must be getting old!" It was good spending the day with my family, but a crappy birthday because the weather was so bad and I couldn't go anywhere . I'm not one that likes to sit around at home and do nothing. Of course, I can always clean/organize, but that doesn't sound fun on my birthday. Jim did work from home today though, so that was one upside of the bad weather....I had some company and some help. Some of my friends and family are going to help me celebrate on Saturday night though, so I'm looking forward to that.

The babies are still growing. Alli is almost over her cold, now Jimmy has one. They did test him for RSV, but it was negative, so that is good. We took him in on Tuesday...he weighed......9lbs 1oz. My little Buddha! I can't believe he has tripled his weight in 12 weeks. They were 12 weeks yesterday. It's getting A LOT harder, day by day! They don't sleep like they used to during the day and they always want to be held. Big thanks to Jim's family that came in this weekend to hold babies and MY mom and sisters that have been helping during the week and giving me a break--letting me get out of the house to Bread Co, Target, etc. I'd go insane if I couldn't leave at all :)

Helping decorate my cake
Me and Alli (and Jenna) opening gifts

Here is Alli, changing her new baby doll's diaper (still cashing in on the 'big sister' gifts)

I was honored to be chosen as Godmother to my nephew, Sully, this past weekend. Here is a picture after the Baptism. (Dave-Godfather, sis-in-law Gina, Sully, brother Brian, and me)
The babies started smiling last week (on Valentine's Day). Here is Cassie tonight, giving us a big grin :)
My little Buddha - weighing in at 9lbs 1oz and crying like usual :)
Jenna chilling out like usual
Cassie looking cute and wide-awake
I know you can't see all of their faces, but thought they looked so cute laying there together.

10 comments :

Anonymous said...

yay!!! ive been waiting for an update! i love all the pictures. HAPPY BIRTHDAY AUNT CHRISSY!!
courtney

Anonymous said...

Love the update. The pictures are so cute. Alli had a good time with the sprinkles on the cake. Beautiful family.

Love Mom

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you updated the pictures since I didn't really get to see them when I was in town last weekend. It looks like Jimmy is smiling on that last one. They are all so cute. I can't wait to hold them next time. Hope you had a happy birthday. Give all the kids a kiss from Aunt Jackie. Luv

Anonymous said...

Great update, and can't wait for the thaw when I can be more help! All the babies (including Alli) look like so much fun, I am sure this is a birthday you will never forget! -kelly p

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

Happy Birthday!

Andria said...

Happy Birthday! Alli is as photogenic as her mom. You look great!

Glad the babies are doing well.

Anonymous said...

Happy 31st birthday! I got my 31st coming up on 3/2, it kinda feels weird being over the 30 hump...I used to think it was old. Everybody looks great, I hope Jimmy gets over the cold quickly and keeps his sisters healthy.

Anonymous said...

uh yeah, Cassie was smiling when aunt toni was holding her a couple weeks ago I know JIMBO doesn't believe me but she likes her Aunt Toni!

The Ball Family said...

Old lady!!! sorry we couldn't join you to celebrate. We'll go to dinner soon! I promise!
I can't believe how big they are getting! How wonderful! All your kiddos are just so adorable. You are truly blessed.

PS. Sully is an adorable boy!

The Meadows said...

These pictures are so cute, you know I just realized I don't have one picture with the new babies.