Sunday, October 10, 2010

FINALLY coming together!!!!

Okay, so its been in the plans for about 3 years now and actually in the works for a year, but we are finally making some progress on the living room updates!

We started with recessed lighting last fall, then started painting the ceiling and that took about 8 mos! (we came across a few issues). So, that was done, then we painted, got new carpet, new doors, new front door, new curtains (which I don't really like so will be looking for new ones) and new furniture. The next major thing we need is the baseboard and we need to paint the doors (they are already white with primer). Then we just need some pictures, some lamps.

I think it looks really good and just more updated (modern). We can't afford to move, so I at least think we deserve to have a nice house :)

Our furniture is REALLY BIG. Jim made me a little nervous when he kept calling me at work and telling me that. It is big, but our living room is big, so it looks good. It's very comfy and seems to suck me in and make me fall asleep as soon as I lay on it. Of course, could just be b/c I'm ALWAYS exhausted :)

Cassie on the chair and 1/2


5 comments :

Anonymous said...

Looks great! Good job!

-Dawn

Anonymous said...

ooooo, I really like it!
-kelly p

Anonymous said...

I love it. Especially the big chair. I want one like that. The kids are adorable as usual. Loved seeing them this weekend.
Love Jackie

Mom said...

I like all the little people sitting on the new furniture.

Toni said...

time for a party so we can break it in lol