Saturday, April 04, 2009

Let's see, what has been going on lately in the Clauser household???

Jim celebrated his 34th birthday on Tues, 3/31. Jenna had a 103 fever on Monday, took her to the DR. and he said roseola is going around and he wouldn't be surprised if that's what it was and she would break out in a rash all over her body in a few days. Anyway, Jim had an excuse to take the day off. We didn't do much, but I think he had a good b-day spending it with the family. I made a homemade lemon cake. He always tells me about his Aunt Kitty's recipe, but I haven't been able to get it, so I tried one out and it turned out pretty good. He tells me it was really good, but not sure if he is just trying to make me feel good or not. He (and the kids) opened gifts and we sang to him. My mom offered to babysit so we could go out for an early dinner, but we just decided that we would grill, so Jim went and bought some steaks, potatos, and asparagus. It was soooo good and we were so full afterwards, we could barely move! Oh, and Jenna did break out with a rash on Wed, so I guess the DR was correct. She is fine now. They all just have runny noses and Jimmy has a bit of a cough. We've had to break out the breathing treatments a few times over the past two weeks for all 4 of them.
I feel so bad...Jenna was throwing a fit, I thought for nothing, because she cries wolf all of the time. So, I took this picture of her and thought it was so funny. Then 10 seconds later, I look back and there is blood all over her shirt and hands and face. She must have bit her tongue or her lip or something. And then when I look at the picture closer, I can see blook all pooled in her mouth on the left side. Poor baby!
We celebrated Jim's b-day with a group of friends last Saturday. We went to Las Fuentes for dinner and margaritas (me, Jim, Don, Brian, Ann, Tim, Kristen, Jason, Dawn, Nathan). Then we headed over to Deavers to meet up with a few other friends (Toni, Andy, Michelle, Jared, Derek, Danielle, Jane, Ken, Jackie, Dave, Peanut) We all had a lot of fun! Thanks everyone for coming out! Jim and I were very hung over the next day! Forgot to take pictures :(

I've had 3 wedding showers in the past two weeks. My friends, Colleen's and Toni's and then my niece, Janie's. They were all fun, they got lots of good gifts, lots of good food. Only one more shower in April, then I start the bachelorette parties and then the weddings! I think I have 4 weddings in two months, although I'm not in any of them (well, I am reading in my friend Kelly's - and VERY nervous about that!)

Few pics from Toni's shower - almost everyone, I think.
Janet, Shannon (Theresa), Toni - the bride-to-be, Chrissy (Morgan)
Janet, Becky, Toni -the bride-to-be, Amy B, Amy Y, Chrissy, & Devan (in front)Hmmm...what else? This weekend is pretty relaxed. Last night, Jim and I went to a happy hour at Trailhead with friends from work. This morning we took the kids to get Easter pictures. That was our first time in a studio...usually we have a photographer come to our house. At home is a lot easier! They got little crabby, but they were tired. And I think no matter what, its hard to get 4 kids to cooperate! Alli and Jimmy were great, Jenna and Cassie were a handful! So, here is the finished product...yes, only one...I'm cheap and stuck with the $10 package. Jim is playing poker tonight, hopefully winning big. Nothing tomorrow except my bootcamp class. And Monday is Opening Day. We will be downtown all day and night! Hope it doesn't really snow though! High of 38, I think! GO CARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We also had snow last weekend....where is SPRING??? We didn't get much, but enough to make one last snowman.
Two videos....Jenna trying to wake Jimmy up and Cassie and Jenna jumping. Enjoy!!!

3 comments :

Anonymous said...

Everything is so cute. The picture of Alli blowing out the candles with her daddy, and Allie & her dad with the snowman, and daddy playing with all the babies and the videos. He's a good daddy. The Easter picture is so sweet.

Love Mom

TONI said...

WE GOT LOTS OF GREAT GIFTS FOR OUR SHOWER THANKS SO MUCH!
ALSO YOU ARE MY HONORARY BRIDESMAID AND FOR YOUR FIRST JOB I NEED YOU TO COME WITH ME TO THE DRESS SHOP SO YOU CAN SEE HOW TO DO MY BUSTLE LOL!

The Ball Family said...

Oh my gosh...they're growing up so fast and are just so adorable!!! I can't wait to get all the kids together this spring/summer (I think I said that last post too!)