Thursday, July 12, 2007

Sad News

Unfortunately things didn't go the way we had hoped this morning when we went for our ultrasound. One of the babies stopped growing sometime shortly after our last appointment and has passed away. There's really no way to tell why this happened. All we know is that God has his reasons and we have comfort in that.

Chrissy and I are okay. We are having some really mixed emotions right now though. It's kind of bitter sweet. I feel bad saying that but it's how we are both feeling. On one hand, we are upset because we had started planning our future with the quads. It's really hard to think that we had a little baby that we will never get to meet. On the other hand, God knows what he's doing. Maybe this child was going to have some serious illness or disability. Also, this will give the other three ( and Chrissy) a better chance of coming through the pregnancy healthy. It's been a hard day, but we can't dwell on it too long. We still have triplets to get ready for. Please say a prayer for the one we lost as well as the three who remain. They still have a long road ahead of them as well.

Here are the 10 week ultrasounds.



6 comments :

Anonymous said...

They are so cute, I think Baby A kind of looks like Allison. Baby B, I can't tell yet. Baby C -I can't tell which side is the head, Me and Court disagree. Love you guys, Jackie

Andria said...

My heart goes out to you. Sounds like a mixed up mess of emotions. But you are so right about God having plans. May you continue to grow (in more ways than one) throughout this journey.

I will keep you in my prayers.

Suzanne said...

guys..still praying for yall and your beautiful three little babies! this is such a hard road and journey that God has us on...no doubt he is trying to teach us so many things. mainly, no matter what, He is always in control and knows best...and that alone gives me the peace i need to make it through each and every day. hang in there and know that so many people are lifting you up and are here for you!!

Casey's trio said...

I am sorry to hear about the loss of one of the babies. I will keep your family in my prayers and am rooting for those 3 little babies.

Casey in CA

Anonymous said...

Chrissy and Jim, we are so sorry about your loss. We still thank and praise God for a TRIPLE Blessing! We are praying that God will strengthen you and encamp his angels all around you!

Love, Johnnie & Marilyn

Mama B said...

My heart goes out to you and your family. I will definitely be keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.