Saturday, May 05, 2012

Jim went to the Kentucky Derby this weekend.  I've been trying to make the kids have a good time without missing him too much.  It's been very hectic with school for all of them, May Crowning at Sacred Heart for the triplets, dance, softball, and getting the fence washed and stained.  Oh, and how can I forget..the hose that drains from the A/C got knocked away from the drain, so the basement carpet was soaked!  So that took a lot of clean up, and setting up fans to dry it out, etc.  Now I still have to steam clean it b/c it stained the carpet.  Lots of running around and although we always run around, I don't always have to take all of them with me.  Ann helped me out a bit by going to the gym with me and getting dinner last night.  Then today when I had to go to Home Depot for more stain, she drove with me so she could sit in the car with the kids.  Anyway, its been very hectic this morning/afternoon, but since we've been home, I'm just folding laundry and the kids played with the neighbors for the last 4 hrs.  Oh, and they didn't nap....so today has just not been great.

Alli just made my night...the neighbors were leaving to get Taco Bell and she said, "Well, my mom is the greatest b/c she took us to get sno cones last night!"  I'm glad something so small as getting sno cones made her think I was the best Mom in the world.  Love that kid!  I think she wants Dad to be gone more often....we had Bread Co yesterday, sno cones, today we had Burger King and pizza.

I need to get some more stuff at Home Depot, so Mom is going to come over for a few to watch the kids.

Can't wait for Jim to get back.  Hope he is having a good time!  So now its my turn for a girls weekend--who's up for one??  Any suggestions??

No comments :